This page is dedicated to common issues surrounding font. If you are experiencing an issue that does not relate to font consider looking at one of the other pages in this section, which are also listed here.
A lot of times issues can be fixed by simply updating your plugin to the latest version, please make sure to check you are on the latest release version before looking further into this section. More info on how to do this here
This can be due to not having a value set to the font field inside Unity. Or if the same font is used on multiple fields.
- Make sure that a font asset is added to the field in the Unity inspector. (Example below)
- If trying to expose multiple font fields in Playground, Eg. one for Latin, one for Chinese etc. Inside Unity, a unique font will need to be added for each field in the inspector. Duplicate the font and name is differently, such as font1, font2 etc. Then add each font into the inspector fields so that the same font isn't getting applied.
The upload starts, but the upload buttons in the modal popup just highlights again, and the upload never happens.
This could be caused due to the font file size being too large and can't be added to our server.
- Use a different font file which is smaller, or reduce the current font file size using a tool such as fontforge.org.
This could be to do with the font file being invalid.
- Check the file size, if its very small, a few Kb for example, its likely that it's not valid.
- Open a font preview app to see if it shows valid characters. On Mac this can be done by double clicking the font to open the Fonts application. (Example of this below)