Follow the steps below to start recording replays from your device of choice:
Install Replay into your project. (Full guide on installation here)
Make sure you are signed into your Create Hub account, and that capture mode is enabled
OPTIONAL : If you wish the capture gameplay from the moment the game starts, rather than have the 'Start recording' button appear at the top of the screen, make sure the 'Capture Immediately' option in the Capture UI is enabled before building. More info here.
- Open Unity's Build Settings and create a build for your chosen platform (Android or iOS). After building you can run the package on your device of choice:
- Requires XCode installed on your machine.
Unity-iPhone.xcodeprojfile from build folder in XCode.
- Link Apple account associated with the iPhone you wish to record from.
Automatically manage signing. (Will reduce the amount of options to fill out)
- Input your Company name into the
Teamfield & add your game's name under
- Hit build, upon completion your game will appear on the mobile device. More info on setting up an Apple ID for XCode can be found here.
More info on building for iOS with Unity can be found here.
- Upload the
.apkfile generated in your build folder to a cloud service of your choosing.
(Keep in mind you will need to access the file from your device. We recommend using Google Drive)
- In your device's settings navigate to
Biometrics and security& enable
Install unknown apps.
- Download the
.apkfile on your device. You can do this through a browser like Chrome, or via the app of the cloud service you are using (if one exists) e.g. the Google Drive app.
- Once downloaded your game will appear on your home screen. More info on building for Android with Unity can be found here.
- Open the resulting app on your mobile device. You will see the Luna Replay UI overlaid at the top of the screen.
Click 'Start recording' to begin the recording & begin playing the game up until the point where you want the recording to end.If you set 'Capture Immediately' to true when creating the build the button at the top will always appear as 'Finish Recording' due to recording starting from the moment you open the game.
When you have completed the gameplay you wish to capture, you can press the 'Finish recording' button to end the capture.We recommend playing the video for ~5 seconds longer to ensure you have room to edit later.
The UI will now allow you to enter a name for your capture.
- Press save and wait for the confirmation dialogue.
- You're recording has now been sent off to Create Hub as a video set & you can now safely exit the app. If you want to begin recording another capture, simply close the game and reopen it and begin again from step 5. (You can also do this part way through a capture if you mess up, don't worry it won't cause any problems and the capture won't be saved)