Luna Playable enables you to build playable ads in Unity, and so the Unity editor is a natural requirement.
Currently, the Luna exporter and engine support the following Unity versions:
- 2018.4 (LTS)
- 2019.4 (LTS)
These versions all have continuous-integration tests, but it is important to note that it does not mean that 100& of features are supported.
You can download a specific Version from the Unity download archives section for both Windows and Mac.
Install .NET 4.7
If you are on Windows you can use Visual Studio Installer:
- Click the 'Modify' button next to the version of VS you are using
- From the window opened select
.Net desktop development
- In the right hand side of the window (Installation details) new items will appear
- Select .NET 4.7 and above (Example of this below)
- Next navigate to the 'Individual Components' tab
- Search in for '.NET' and select the 4.7 SDK & targeting pack items (Example of this below)
- After selecting all these hit 'Modify' in the bottom right and let the items install
Independent Development Environment (IDE)
You can download the relevant IDE using the links below. These are used as external code editors attached to Unity.
More than likely, since you may already have Unity installed, you may already have them (but better safe then sorry!).
For Mac, you will need Mono Develop installed as a code editor but can also use Windows link for Visual Studio.
For Windows, you can download Visual Studio
MS-Build is a build tool provided by VisualStudio/Mono.Frameworks and is used to compile code packages for Luna Playable. thus is crucial to certain Luna build stages.
For Windows MsBuild is usually located inside:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin\MSBuild.exe
For Mac MsBuild is usually located inside: